Adult and Continuing Education Studies (ACES)
Dr. Julius Chaligha
Ag. Head - Adult and Continuing Education Studies
The objective of ACES department is conducting and administering post-secondary adult education and related academic training programmes.
- Formulate and execute programmes for the training to teacher and administrators of adult education;
- Supervise the design and development of curricular for training programmes in adult education and reratedfield for certificates diploma and bachelor level;
- Facilitate training to facilitators and administrators of literacy and adult non formal education programmes;
- Develop capacities of adult non formal education actors to implement mass and complimentary education in the country.
- Linking adult non formal education practise, theory and policy development through student guided research;
- Respond to different need of clients by designing and developing tailor made courses;
- Ensure expansion of campus and coordinate their activities for harmonization;